SALT BATH INSTRUCTIONS
Before you talk a salt bath, take a normal bath or shower and rinse your body thoroughly. Refill the tub with warm water. Place the salt tea bag in the tub and then get into the water. Do NOT use any additives like oils or soap. They will coat your skin and interfere with your skin’s ability to absorb the minerals stored in the salt. Remain in the bath for at least 20 minutes. As you soak you will notice the bath water not cooling as fast as it usually does. This is because the energy released from the dissolving salt crystal will keep the bath water warmer for a longer period of time. DO NOT towel dry. Allow your skin to air dry! This aids in mineral transfer.
Himalayan salt baths can improve the texture, tone and appearance of your skin, combat water retention, promote sinus health prevent muscle cramping and soreness, regulate sleep and decrease stress. Bathing in Himalayan Salt is recommended to calm skin flare ups, insect bites, eczema, and psoriasis. The salt cleans, soothes and naturally conditions the skin. You can also use some fine grain Himalayan salt with water and use as an exfoliating facial scrub.
A 20 minute bath is equivalent to a three day fast. It cleanses your body from the inside out.
COOKING WITH THE SALT BLOCK
The Salt block can be used hot or cold.
For uses with heat, go slow. Heat up very slowly. 20 minutes on low, 20 minutes on medium and then 20 minutes on high. Your food will season as you cook. You can use gas heat, grill, or electric stove. You can cook, Steak, rib eye, pork chops, veggies, chicken
For uses chilled, you can make mozzarella and tomatoes and serve on the block. Great way to serve sushi, veggies, cold shrimp, edamame.
Allow the block to heat up slow, and cool down slow. Easy clean up too. Just use a sponge and clean off the cooked on food. Keeping it as dry as possible. REMEMBER, it is salt and will dissolve.
Himalayan Salt Inhaler
Many people don’t realize that unlike table salt, Himalayan salt contains natural elements and minerals that are found in the human body. Its minerals are in an ionic state, which means that they are tiny enough for our cells to absorb easily. Modern salt inhalers combine the best of old-world and modern technology. The small Himalayan salt rocks rest at the bottom of the inhaler. When you inhale, the natural moisture in the air absorbs the salt particles into the lungs.
This will help to reduce inflammation in the lungs and can help with other conditions such as asthma, allergies, colds, congestion, hay fever and sinus congestion. Unlike traditional inhalers, this therapeutic technique offers no negative side effects.
- Salt is a natural expectorant and may help in reducing excess mucous.
- Reducing mucus, may eliminate night time coughing and post nasal drip, allowing you to sleep better.
- Himalayan salt contains 84 natural elements and minerals that are found in the human body.
- Salt inhalation therapy can reduce redness and swelling of nasal passages.
- Himalayan salt inhalers can reduce irritation and inflammation from pollutants and smoke.
- Salt is known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal and anti-microbial properties. Using a salt inhaler can be used to cleanse the body of harmful organisms.
How to Use a Salt Inhaler
- Place Himalayan rocks inside your ceramic inhaler, (don’t use plastic inhalers) according to the package directions.
- Place the inhaler mouthpiece in your mouth.
- Breathe in normally through the mouth, and exhale through the nose.
- Do not add water, the inhaler is for dry therapy only.
- When you inhale with long slow deep breaths this will bring the salt ions to the lungs. Because the ions are so small they bypass the nasal filtering system we have and go directly into the lungs. The lungs then absorb the ions and bring them into the bloodstream. This will help to reduce inflammation and can also reduce pain in lungs from various conditions such as asthma, bronchitis or pneumonia.
NOTE: Following the cleaning directions on your inhaler package, and remember inhalers should not be shared, they are recommended for one person only. Each family member should have their own inhaler.
Although many people have seen immediate and drastic results within a few days, in general, the effects of using a Himalayan salt inhaler are more subtle than immediately dramatic and are usually noticed with regular and consistent use.